All Spanish beaches are regulated by the Spanish Coastal Law, but any municipality can approve its own By-laws. Read on to find out what you can be fined for at the beach.
- You get early, set up your umbrella on the beach, and then leave. In Torrevieja they will fine you 150 euros for this.
- Parking your car in the sand and, in some areas, with the baby stroller, is prohibited!
- Public showers are not meant for soaping up. This is prohibited in nearly all municipalities.
- You cannot sleep in the sand at night (although naps during the day are permitted).
- Don’t walk your dog on the beach, even if it’s your seeing-eye dog.
- Don’t engage in sexual acts by the sea, either at night or during the day.
- Don’t use the beach or the ocean as your toilet.
- Say no to public drinking. It’s prohibited in most areas.
- Playing loud music is also subject to fines.
Got it? Then have a good summer.