“And even if I am 100 years old, bad things don’t weigh me down. Because I don’t have birthdays… I have carnivals!”

The carnival is an increasingly participatory festivity, and this year the school’s parent’s association will join in with a float. However, a question comes up: Do you need to insure the float or is it covered by the organizer’s insurance?

Carnival insurance generally covers the event and the Civil Liability of participants, but not private floats. It is crucial that the parent’s association takes out specific insurance to protect the float, other property and those involved in the event of accidents. In many cities, this insurance is mandatory for participation.

Insuring the float is an essential step to enjoying the carnival with peace of mind and safety.