Apart from your vehicle’s technical inspection at the mechanic, tires in good condition, and keeping your insurance current, you should take into account these :
- Keep hydrated, drinking a lot of water, juice or isotonic drinks to avoid falling asleep.
- Drive with sunglasses (you won’t get a headache) and stop every 2 hours.
- Keep the air conditioner between 21⁰ and 24⁰ Celsius.
- The law requires luggage to be stored in the trunk and not loose in the passenger compartment. A 500-gram tablet is transformed into a 28-kilo missile at 60 km/h (the weight is multiplied by 56).
- Park in the shade. A car in the sun reaches 60⁰ in just a few minutes. Don’t even think about leaving pets or children inside. Before getting in, roll down the windows and turn the AC on full blast.
Have a good trip!