We will probably start moving out of our regular homes and escape to rural and coastal settings. So when you plan to be away for several days, follow these :
- Do not publicise your absence on social networks.
- Do not store “home” on your car’s GPS or on your phone’s Google Maps.
- Leave the blinds half down.
- If possible, have someone pick up your mail for you.
- If you can, schedule the lights to turn on and off.
- Note strange marks on the intercom.
- Review your home, capital and theft coverage insurance policies.